SHIPPING AND RETURNS POLICY
The majority of the items ordered from Dovetail will be shipped out ‘blanket wrap’ and inspected prior to shipping by us and finally by the trucking company at the time of loading. The trucking company is responsible, per the terms of the Bill of Lading, to deliver the merchandise in the same condition as it was picked up.
The merchandise once loaded by the trucking company becomes the property of the customer. It is essential to follow the guidelines below in order for you to safeguard your rights should you have damaged or missing items on a shipment.
1. Check the pieces against your copy of the Bill of Lading as they are unloaded and the driver is present. If damage is discovered make a note on the Bill of Lading, stating freight damage and have the driver sign their name against the note. You should refuse the item at this point. The trucking company will contact Dovetail to remedy the situation.
2. If a problem occurs after you have received the item, please contact Dovetail, who, having established
the nature of the problem may either authorize a repair or issue an RMA for a replacement.
3. If you are receiving boxed items, refuse any boxes that appear to be damaged, again noting on the
Bill of Lading the item or component part. If the boxes are in acceptable condition but damage is
discovered at a later date please contact Dovetail who may issue a credit or send a replacement.
1. Always check the items against the Bill of Lading as they are unloaded. There is no recourse either with Dovetail or the trucking company if items are discovered to be missing at a later date.
2. If an item is seen to be missing, inform the driver immediately and note it on the Bill of Lading.
3. Ask the driver for a claim form so that you can make a claim directly with the trucking company.
• NEVER SIGN A BILL OF LADING UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THAT THERE ARE NO FREIGHT DAMAGES OR MISSING ITEMS. DOVETAIL WILL NOT ISSUE CREDITS AGAINST ITEMS DAMAGED OR MISSING THAT ARE NOT NOTED ON THE BILL OF LADING.
• DOVETAIL WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURNED ITEMS WITHOUT AN RMA NUMBER.
• UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS WILL NOT BE CREDITED BY DOVETAIL.
• DOVETAIL DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR FREIGHT COSTS ON FAULTY ITEMS BEYOND THE PLACE OF ORIGINAL DELIVERY.
• NO CREDITS CAN BE TAKEN WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DOVETAIL.